2013 the ‘year of the selfie’ has come to a close
These are my predictions for 2014:
- More content than EVER posted/created in 2014
- High/More Unique Content
- A HUGE weight put on video – photos and text being a lot less important (Google will begin to rank video related content higher in their SEO algorithms)
- Platforms like Snap Chat/Vine flourishing
- A massive re-haul on Facebook as it is forced to compete
- More start ups than ever before launching
- The App and Podcast space flourishing
- More Automatic content systems built
- Video Blogs Become More Popular
- Increase in Prank YouTube channels – Similar to Vitaly, Janoskians etc.
- Outsourcing work/projects will become x10 easier (now that oDesk and Elance haver merged)
- Similar/Better/Bigger website to Fiverr will also become popular
- Online tuition varieties will increase significantly
- Marketing using social media will become increasingly more effective with new startup tools
- Privacy software will also be relied upon more. People will realize everything about their life/history will be put on the net therefore the privacy space will grow and the aim to remove or limit your digital foot print will be worth a lot more than ever before (This impact will be more significantly seen in the next 2-3 years)
- Websites putting out content ( E.g. Doyoueven) will have a higher reach internationally with lower overheads than ever before
- Social Media Account Management – (HootSuite, Buffer) will grow significantly this year
- A massive Bit Coin Spike, this will begin to rival PayPal and other major forms of payment. The process and education about it just needs to be simplified.
These are my predictions for this upcoming year and it’ll be interesting to see what kind of roller coaster ride we’ll be taken on!