ClickFunnels Review 2019 (All You Need to Know)
Everyone has a desire to make money online, and ClickFunnels has made that possible. If you are truly serious about making money online, then this is the right platform for you.
I know what you’re thinking. This is probably just another get rich quick scheme, right?
It’s not. It would help if you still put some time, work, and effort into using ClickFunnels to really understand how it works and how it can help you grow your business online.
ClickFunnels is intended to save you time and energy by doing what you would otherwise have to have other applications, technology, and people do for your business. ClickFunnels has become quite popular since it began and quickly became one of the largest SaaS companies in the world. It’s no surprise why most people love ClickFunnels.
I mean, after all, it’s about making money and about giving businesses the software they need to help them turn their site visitors into customers. Looking at that, no wonder ClickFunnels has grown so much in such a short period of time.
However, just because its popular is it worth it?
Sure, the crowds are flocking to it, but how can we be sure that this isn’t just another “trend” in the marketing world. Many see it as just another website or landing page builder but is it more?
I’m going to cover that and much more throughout this article. We will discuss the basics of ClickFunnels, the pros and cons, its features, and more. I’m going to give you all the reasons why you should choose ClickFunnels for your online business and show you just how it can help you grow.
What is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is an integrated system that offers many features designed to help entrepreneurs build webinars, landing pages, sales pages, billing setup, and much more. Its main function is the development of sales pages as well as landing pages with a long list of page and funnel templates. It can be difficult for eCommerce business owners to gain customers; ClickFunnels is a way to change that.
ClickFunnels started back in 2014, and since its beginning, it’s been revolutionizing the online marketing industry tremendously.
ClickFunnels is a software designed for building sales funnels, but it comes with a lot of added features that benefit many users. This software makes it much easier for businesses and entrepreneurs to sell their stuff online by using sales funnels, a complicated marketing technology term for getting your customer from viewing your product on your site to actually purchasing your item.
Russell Brunson, a web entrepreneur and the bestselling author of DotCom Secrets and Expert Secrets, developed ClickFunnels as a marketing tool to help him and his team creates funnels faster and more efficiently for various ventures.
Developing funnels typically took weeks, and Brunson found a way to expedite the development process exponentially. He soon realized that his creation would be extremely useful to others and that the product had amazing potential.
With his creation, you get everything you need to market as well as sell your products online without having to hire expensive web developers.
What Are Sales Funnels And How Do They Work
Before we go on, let’s take a moment to clarify what exactly a marketing funnel or sales funnel is. In the marketing world, a funnel is a process that takes people who don’t know who you are and turns them into customers.
In e-commerce, a sales funnel is a series of steps that are designed to take your website visitor to the checkout page. This means that every visitor to your site has the potential to turn into a paying customer!
A sales funnel is divided into multiple steps, which are different depending on the sales model you are using. One of the most common ways of dividing a sales funnel includes seven phases. These phases are known as follows:
- The Awareness phases in which potential customers become aware of a product or service that can solve a problem they are having. For example, a customer is looking for a particular diet plan or weight loss supplement.
- The Interest Phase where the potential customer becomes interested in the product and researches it further. The customer will start researching the different types of options out there, including what is available on your site.
- The Evaluation Phase where the potential customer checks out the competitors of a similar product or service, leading to a final purchase decision. As part of their research, the customer will narrow down the options of what they want to purchase.
- The Decision Phase, where the final decision is reached, and the potential customer begins negotiating. The customer will make their final decision on which product they want.
- The Purchase Phase, where the product or service is purchased. The customer visits the site to purchase the product.
- The Reevaluation Phase, which pertains mostly to B2B sales, is the offering of contracts and renewals. In some cases, the customer will sign up for a yearly subscription or renewal service.
- The Repurchase Phase, where the customer repurchases a product or service. After the original purchase, the customer will return and buy the product again.
Understanding the steps in a sales funnel is an essential piece of knowledge which will help ClickFunnels work for you.
When you create a well-designed sales funnel, you can dramatically increase your sales potential as well as provide more value to your customers. You don’t need any technical knowledge to know how to use the software. Using ClickFunnels for your marketing needs will drastically change the way you run your business.
Another way to look at it is this.
Let’s say you have a brick and mortar shop, and people come into your shop but don’t know where the cash register is, so they leave without buying anything.
Because of this, it’s important to talk to your customers and convince them to buy something. In an online store, you can’t physically lead your customers to checkout because you are more distant from your customers. This is where a funnel comes in. It’s designed to appeal to your customers using the basic principles of psychology.
The funnel works in a step by step process which brings traffic in closer and closer until your visitor makes a purchase. Not only do ClickFunnels usher your customers to the checkout page, but they make your potential customer want to buy your product.
Therefore, ClickFunnels have become a game-changer for online marketing. Brunson didn’t just get rich by selling ClickFunnels; he used his technology to revolutionize his own businesses as well.
Ways You Can Make Money Using ClickFunnels
There are three primary ways I have learned to make money using ClickFunnels. How you start with the platform is entirely up to you.
However, the way you start largely depends on your level of knowledge and skill in online marketing as well as how much you will want to invest.
It is important to keep in mind that whenever you are attempting to launch a business, especially one online, you should expect to spend some money.
1. Earn Affiliate Commission With ClickFunnels
If you don’t have an online business, a product, or an idea to sell, you can start by promoting ClickFunnels itself.
This requires a basic understanding of how to drive traffic to ads. If you can do this, you will have no problem quickly making money online with ClickFunnels. Most people don’t want to deal with the headache of creating their products and services, which is why many online entrepreneurs turn to affiliate marketing.
Choosing a great product such as ClickFunnels is a great place to start. The key to being successful with this method is having a good understanding of what ClickFunnels is as a platform, its features, how it works, and your target audience. Understand that, and you will be earning money in no time.
2. Sell Your Idea, Product, Or Service Using ClickFunnels
Of course, if you have an idea, product, or service to sell, ClickFunnels is the best way to convert visitors to your eCommerce site into paying customers.
Driving your visitors to the checkout page is what the platform was designed for, which is why this method is essential to gaining a large profit from ClickFunnels.
Some examples of the type of funnels you can create include:
- E-commerce physical products, such as items you order online and have shipped to your home or business
- Information products, such as digital publications, videos, and presentations designed to help the customer. The most popular type of information products is “how-to” strategies and self-help tutorials.
- Continuity programs, like promotions and loyalty programs for your products or services
- Webinars related to business, marketing, or self-help advice
Any of these, plus more, can help create a nice income for you through the ClickFunnels platform.
Understanding The ClickFunnels Features
ClickFunnels’ features are pretty good, and you get everything you need to be able to build a powerful sales funnel.
The features are largely intuitive and give you an excellent amount of control. The template editor and integration management system are great examples of this and are extremely important functions.
The three biggest features I would like to discuss include:
To briefing explain A/B testing to those who may not understand, A/B testing is a way to compare two versions of a single variable such as testing a customer’s response to variant A against variant B, to determine which of the two variants is most effective or most desired by the customers.
It’s a small feature but one that should be mentioned. If you duplicate a page and want to make changes to the copy, the split test will let you choose what percentage of traffic you would like to see per page. It also lets you test conversion rates, a great function that is easy to use.
I find that ClickFunnels is overall very flexible and self-explanatory with other settings such as account details and integrations. If you are tech-savvy, you may find them a bit restrictive, but the service is designed to be easy to use for those who lack vast tech knowledge.
There are a large number of premade funnels for different types of businesses. However, if you don’t find one for your particular need, you can always create your own from scratch.
Actionetics and Backpack
Let’s take a moment to discuss the Full Suite. In my honest opinion, Full Suite is three products conversely packaged into one amazing service; Actionetics, ClickFunnels, and Backpack. With that being said, let me explain what Actionetics is.
Actionetics can be described as an email autoresponder, but it’s a little more complicated than that.
Actionetics is the easiest way for you to speak directly to your visitors, sending them the best message they need, when they need to hear it. The primary goal of Actionetics is smart analytics that creates an auto-response. The auto-responding combines snail mail as well as email and a few other features.
Along with Actionetics, you get Backpack, which is a tool used to make managing an affiliate program easier and more efficient. The result is convincing your potential customer to buy your product, creating a “call to action” with your mailing list.
Actionetics is ClickFunnels’ marketing automation tool that allows you to seamlessly integrate your sales funnel, giving them dynamic automation actions in an instant.
It allows, not only the ability to create and send autoresponder emails, but is also smart enough to be able to bucket, react, and respond based on your action funnels setup. What does all this mean? It means that marketers have the opportunity of getting rid of other marketing automation tools.
Actionetics is user-friendly to the point that even beginners will find it very easy to use. Even those that aren’t tech-savvy.
If you have ever hesitated to start your own online business because you feel you don’t have the technological experience necessary to succeed, then ClickFunnels’ Actionetics is the reason why you should take the plunge.
Now let’s talk about Backpack.
Before Backpack, creating an affiliate program was every marketer technical nightmare. If you wanted an affiliate team, you had to piece together every element yourself, which often meant spending thousands on a development team.
Backpack uses a proprietary affiliate incentive called sticky cookies, to keep your promoters happy, loyal, and constantly moving traffic in your direction. Backpack allows you to add an affiliate program to any of your sales funnels easily and effectively.
Backpack is the easiest way to create your affiliate program as well as scale your business.
If you want to generate more revenue for your product or services without spending a large amount of money on marketing, Backpack is the perfect solution.
Backpack is a great affiliate management platform, and when paired with Actionetics gives you a great way to manage your affiliate marketing as well as email automation.
You get your money’s worth with Backpack because of its performance, efficiency, and convenience. I would highly recommend ClickFunnels because of these features as well as the many other features that come with the platform.
ClickFunnels Page Builder
This is likely ClickFunnels best and the main feature. This feature is primarily why I highly suggest you try ClickFunnels for yourself.
ClickFunnels page builder allows you to create a solid landing page. ClickFunnels distances itself from other page building software and advertises its funnel approach, but the truth is, many users, including myself, use it for the landing page builder.
You are offered a wide array of templates with beautiful designs. However, you should keep in mind that only the templates offered by ClickFunnels are free.
The templates for the page builder are organized by funnel type making it easy to find the template you are looking for. You can select the template you want and customize it with features that would work best for your business before going live.
Optin Pages help generate leads as well as build a list of customers that in turn, generate sales for your business.
You can also create sales pages to sell your products as well as order form pages for collecting payments, upsell pages for one-click upsells, webinar event pages, and membership sites for storing and selling content.
Add tons of elements to your page to create the perfect page to represent your brand so you can generate sales in no time.
ClickFunnels page editor allows you to create pages quickly so you can start collecting sales leads, which help you start making sales immediately.
Start by picking a template, point and click, and drag and drop your way to a beautiful page that will allow you to convert your websites visitors into actual customers.
This powerful tool allows you to design any page to fit your brand and make it your own. With ClickFunnels page builder, you never have to depend on a team of designers to get the landing page you need for your business.
You have complete control over your pages. This is why so many people are raving about how ClickFunnels has saved them a ton of time and money for their business.
Other features available in ClickFunnels StartUp include:
- 100 pages
- 20 Funnels
- Unlimited Contracts
- 3 Custom domains
- 20,000 visitors
- Email Integrations
- Optin Funnels
- Sales Funnels
- All Advanced Funnels
- Membership Funnels
- Unlimited Members
- Auto Webinar Funnels
- Hangout Funnels
- Upsell Pages
- Order Pages
- Downsale Pages
- Share your Funnels
- 1 SMPTP Integration
- One billing integration per type
- Activity dashboard
- CRM Integration
- Click-through tracking
- Third-party integration
- Contact database
- Multi-channel communication
- Sales trend analysis
- And much more
If you can afford to try Etison, you won’t be disappointed. However, for a majority of users, StartUp is enough of a package.
ClickFunnels offers two pricing plans, StartUp, and Etison Suite, also known as ClickFunnels and Full Suite. Even the startup is a bit on the pricier side. The StartUp is priced at $97 a month, and Etison Comes in at 297$ a month.
You do get a 14-day free trial to try out the service, so you don’t have to commit right away. If you choose to pay annually instead of monthly, you get two months free which comes out to 977$ for ClickFunnels and $2997 for the Full Suite.
This seems a bit pricey when you compare ClickFunnels to LeadPages, which is similar but not identical and comes in at $25 a month. It is very important to keep in mind that ClickFunnels main service is to make funnels more efficient for you and your business, and in this aspect, it succeeds greatly.
This, in itself, makes it a very good investment.
There are a few differences between the entry-level account and the premium account, such as:
- StartUp gets the main service, the funnel-builder with some limitations on the amount of 100 pages, 20,000 visits, and three custom domains and only some of the full list of features.
- Etison/Full Suite has a full list of features which include, one-time payments, subscription plans, 3SMTP integrations, unlimited funnels, pages, visits, custom domains, priority support, template requests, Actionetics and Backpack. The ability to start your own affiliate program.
- Both plans have unlimited contacts, unlimited members, all advanced funnels, A/B Split tests, and a few other commonalities.
To summarize the differences, StartUp carries the core features of ClickFunnels, and Full Suite is the cornerstone tool ClickFunnels with two additional services, Actionetics and Backpack as well as gives you the full set of ClickFunnels features.
How Can You Make ClickFunnels Work For You?
To properly allow ClickFunnels to work for you, there are several things, in my opinion, you need to do. First of all, you need to have a product or service that you want to sell.
It would help if you also were willing to invest time and money into creating your value ladder as well as your entire sales funnel.
This means at least creating a lead magnet or low-cost tripwire product that will drive customers into your funnel. Once you do this, you should come up with appropriate upsells, order bumps, and anything else that will complement as well as enhance your main product offering.
You don’t need your domain name to launch a funnel, but it is recommended. This in itself makes it possible for anyone on the web to benefit from ClickFunnels. If you don’t have a domain name, your URL will look something like http://username.clickfunnels.com.
One nice bonus that most people don’t know about is that ClickFunnels will buy you your first domain name for free and even set up your SSL. You can learn how to do this in the onboard training.
Take advantage of ClickFunnels large community. There is an official Facebook group with well over 100K members.
The group is extremely active and is an excellent resource for those who are unfamiliar with how the software works. You can get answers to any questions you may have from the group.
The best part is that you can MAKE MONEY with ClickFunnels as an affiliate. Many users have no problem getting to over 100 active ClickFunnels by simply creating an irresistible ClickFunnels bonus offer.
If you are unsure where to start, I recommend searching for a good training program. There are many training programs online that can help you get started and provide you with everything you need to truly be successful with ClickFunnels.
I highly recommend you take advantage of a few training courses and webinars before investing in ClickFunnels so you can properly make the best of it without losing a lot of time and money.
The Pros of ClickFunnels
- ClickFunnels do their job. The point of ClickFunnels is to save you time and energy, and it does.
- ClickFunnels also makes you money. This is one of the great things about ClickFunnels; it’s focused on making money for the user. ClickFunnels make it very easy to make your account, put in your content, and start taking payments. It’s designed to be user-friendly, so it is pretty easy to pick up everything. It’ll probably take you a couple of hours to figure out what exactly you need.
- Drag and Drop Builder is another Pro to ClickFunnels. There are a few features here that are very useful and make it very easy to duplicate pages. You can also save templates for later. Their page builder is a very important feature for all users. Once you get used to how it works, it’s very easy to use the drag and drop builder. This feature is essential for creating a page that highlights the unique qualities of your business or product compared to your competitors, instead of having a generic page that won’t impress your customer.
- A/B Testing is also amazing. All you have to do for this is duplicate the page, make necessary changes and choose the amount of traffic you want to see in version A or B.
- A Great Selection of Integrations. ClickFunnels handles API integrations very well. With autoresponders and payment processors, you don’t have to worry about too much. They work reliably and are very easy to manage.
- WordPress Plugin that lets you add ClickFunnels pages to your WordPress website. It saves much time with very little hassle than working between ClickFunnels and WordPress without the plugin. The plugin is rated 4.4 stars in the WordPress plugin repository and has over 2,000 active installations at the moment.
- A Great All in One Platform. You can build your landing pages, create forms as well as order forms, and trigger emails all from the same platform. All of this saves you time and money as well as resources you would otherwise need to spend on developers, CSS, hosting configurations, and much more.
- Good Value. The lower-tiered account is a good investment, and what you’re allowed for a start-up an account is very good. If you have more than 20,000 visitors and need over 100pages, the full suite may be too much to ask for.
ClickFunnels Are not perfect by any means, but they do a great job of providing excellent tools together in one accessible package. It could arguably save many users time, money, and stress.
The Cons of ClickFunnels
Even though ClickFunnels are overall a very strong product, and pack a lot of amazing features, it has quite a few areas that still need work.
Although the software is designed so that anyone can use it, you might encounter a problem or two that requires a call to customer support. ClickFunnels doesn’t have the best customer service support; they can answer basic questions, but they are not very helpful for more complicated questions about the software. However, these issues are relatively rare.
ClickFunnels is the leading platform for anyone looking to sell something. It offers a ton of value to its members.
Everything from easy to build funnels that are completely automated to split testing that helps improve results. The best part is the free trial that ClickFunnels offers that allows you to begin the process and test all the features before making any financial commitment.
If you have a new business, this is a great feature. You’ll be able to see the benefits of the software before investing in it, so you’ll want to spend the money to unlock all of the extra features that come with the paid service.
Anyone with a business startup idea can easily build landing pages inside a sales funnel with ClickFunnels and have a strong chance of achieving conversions.
ClickFunnels is so helpful because it is designed to help all types of entrepreneurs and solopreneurs create their pages without the need for any programming knowledge. ClickFunnels does all the work for you and allows people to point and click until they create the page desired for their business.
Anyone with an idea, product, or service they want to sell greatly benefits from ClickFunnels. With this amazing software at your fingertips, you can turn any business idea into your next money-making venture.