Pradeep Kumar on Vedic Mathematics
Where do you see your business in the future?
I have developed a game based system of “Finger Counting Removal” where the teacher take the children through various levels and children get rid of Finger Counting. There is another game based system using which children can learn maths fact quickly. Yet another system for training children in fractions. Yet another game based system for training toddlers in mental maths.
These systems are in great demand by School teachers who teach primary and middle level students. In last three years I have trained more than 1500 teachers across 60 countries of the world. We train more than 300,000 students every year through them.
I visualize that the game based teaching system is being used by more than 1 million teachers across the world by 2025.
How are the teachers performance after the training?
We train teachers to teach mathematics using various games. Training duration varies from one month to 3 months. During this period teachers are trained to use various games to work with the children.
Training duration for children are normally 1 to 2 years.
- After the training the teachers are able to work with the children on various aspects some of them are listed below.
- Mental Maths: Teachers are able to train the students in Mental Maths. They are able to bring down the mental calculation time of the students and remove their finger counting.
- Maths Facts: They are able to train the children in maths facts. Children are not required to memorize the maths facts. Teachers teach them a formula using which they work on their maths facts.
- Fraction: Fraction is one aspect where most of the children face problems. Teachers trained by us use game based system to train children on fraction.
- Teachers are specifically trained to reduce the time taken by children to perform a task.
What is Vedic Mathematics?
Vedic mathematics is a science derived from Atharva Veda the fourth Veda which helps a person to solve mathematical problems 10 to 15 times faster. I would try to show this using an example. Once a child learns the “Vedic Mathematics” techniques, he/she starts doing a lot of mathematical calculation mentally and learning mathematics becomes more interesting.
You can learn more at my website http://www.magicalmethods.com and follow me on Twitter at @MMPradeepKumar